Sweet Brandy Elk Sausage with Caramelized Apples
1 lb venison sausage (or elk)
1 small red onion, sliced
1 granny smith apples, sliced |
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
2 ounces red wine vinegar
2 ounces brandy
- In saute pan, brown sausage in oil, add onions.
- In seperate pan, brown apples, add salt to taste.
- Add cabbage to apple mix, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and brandy to sausage mix, reduce.
- Plate together and serve.